+1 me if you find any of this helpful!

Follow my journey to Earn Money online...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Online Earnings - October2010

Just a quick note about my online earnings for October.

I had a quite a spike last month. Between the various online places, I came in just under $19. Pitiful, I know. But I was ridiculously happy about it. These small milestones are what keep us going in the Internet marketing game.

I continue to write pages for my site, and occasionally posting on Hubpages to help with the backlinks. The woman I hired a couple of months back from TKA is also adding links for me (at various social bookmarking sites, I believe).

Anyways, my main site is getting 20-30 visitors per day instead of 5-10 visitors. So I'm going in the right direction. Still small, but my chosen field is quite competitive. I'm not going after 'underwater basket weaving' like the smart folks do.

I recently read that on-site links are just as valuable as off-site links. This gives credibility to the idea of writing strictly for your own site and cross-linking like mad. This will create tons of internal links all pointing at each other.

The problem is that no one really knows the SEs algorithms so its all guesswork. I lean towards writing for my own site because it seems reasonable that if Google could filter out all the link-farms, link-directories (eZine, articlesbase, etc.), they would. But linking internally seems perfectly safe.

Who knows which is right. And tons of people are making tons of money using the article directories. I just don't want to follow that trend right now. If my current strategy fails, I may be forced into trying other means.

I can afford to pay for quite a lot of articles to be written and posted to various directories if need be. Anyways, just wanted to post the most recent online earnings... despite the embarassment of the small amount of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment